FAC-1 is the first standard form of Framework Alliance Contract and follows consultation with 100 engineering and construction clients, consultants and contractors. FAC-1 covers processes and relationships not dealt with in any existing standard form. It is a multi-party over-arching agreement between any number of framework alliance members, providing a clear basis for:
• award of individual contracts forming part of an agreed framework programme;
• common alliance objectives, success measures , targets and incentives;
• a timetable for stages in the framework programme and shared alliance activities;
• joint commitment of alliance members to work beyond the scope of individual project contracts in seeking to achieve improved value.
FAC-1 is designed for use with any underlying contract form. It is based on successful frameworks and alliances and is compatible with NEC3 as well as with ICC, JCT, PPC and FIDIC forms. It is also suitable for alliances that integrate professional services and supplies, and can be used with any form of consultant appointment or supply chain agreement.
- an alliance manager to integrate the alliance, monitor performance and support joint activities;
- links to building information modelling and strategic asset management;
- a shared over-arching brief among all alliance members, with separate confidential agreement of each alliance member’s prices and proposals;
- provision to bring in additional clients and other additional alliance members under a standard form joining agreement;
- a core group to review new proposals and agree on dispute resolution;
- a separate schedule for the legal requirements of any country and for special contract terms
Available to ACA members at £35 plus VAT & P&P less ACA member discount from 02 June 2016. Email us to order bulk copies or gain various discounts on email@example.com